Hunting Regulations For Montana Muzzleloaders 2009 Season
There is no rifle or handgun caliber limitation for the taking of big game animals. In addition,
muzzleloaders, shotguns with 0, 00, or slugs, archery equipment, and crossbows are legal.
MUZZLELOADER: There is no special season for muzzleloaders.
1. A muzzleloader: must not be capable of being loaded from the breech of the barrel;
2. may not be loaded with any prepared paper or metallic cartridges;
3. must be charged with black powder, pyrodex, or an equivalent;
4. must be ignited by a percussion, flintlock, matchlock, or wheellock mechanism;
5. must be a minimum of .45 caliber;
6. may have no more than two barrels; and
7. must only use lead, not sabots.
Hunting district map available at FWP - R1 HQ in Kalispell. (406-752-5501)
Portion of hunting district restricted to ArchEquip, shotgun, traditional handgun, muzzleloader or crossbow
Roockery WMA restricted to ArchEquip, shotgun, tradtional handgun, muzzleloader or crossbow only.
Milk River WMA restricted to ArchEquip, shotgun, tradtional handgun, muzzleloader or crossbow only.
There are other areas in the state with set regulations limited to ArchEquip, shotgun, tradtional handgun,
muzzleloader or crossbow only, you will have to check with your local FWP office to see if there are any in
|BULLHOOK BOTTOMS BLACK